The Bark

The Student News Site of Meadville Area Senior High School

The Bark

The Bark

Spring Forward to Easter!

A cool fact to know is that the traditions of an Easter egg hunt are  originally from Germany. With spring break coming upon us, you may be finding yourself with so much time that you don’t know what to do with. Yet a simple solution to this problem is to watch movies. A few movies that fit that spring break mood perfectly are Hop released in 2011, Rise of the Guardians released 2012, and Truth or Dare 2018. 

Hop is about a huge Easter candy factory, under Easter Island is being prepared for a rabbit to give the factory onto his osn E.B but E.B wants to be a drummer so he runs off to L.A where he bumps into an unemployed man named Fred O’Hare, E.B gets Fred to give him shelter and a big chick is planning a coup on Easter Island. I would rate Hop a solid 4/5 stars. It gets you into the spring spirit and there are eggs that are very colorful. Despite receiving a majority of negative reviews by critics I thoroughly enjoyed the movie because I remember watching it a lot when I was kid. The movie was also released on April 1 which is April Fools which is kinda funny. . 

Another perfect movie to watch while on break is no other than the  Rise of the Guardians. Basically Jack Frost has to save children believing in the immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy when an evil boogeyman named Pitch Black tries to destroy children believing in the immortal Guardians. Given this, I would rate it a 5/5 stars. You will not only feel some childhood nostalgia either from whenever you watched it with your other siblings or even when you watched it while at school, like I did. It will also get you into the spring spirit. The movie is actually based on a real book called Guardians of Childhood. Yet,it was a disappointment at the box office, costing them a loss of $87 million but it was not a disappointment to me because I enjoy retellings of childhood folk tales and who doesn’t.

Lastly, Truth or Dare is a great pick of what to watch if you want a horror movie to watch. College students Olivia, Lucas and other college students go to Mexico for spring break before they go off to college and one student is convinced by a stranger to play a game of truth or dare which becomes out of control. I would rate it a 3/5 stars. It’s a pretty mundane movie to watch if you are bored during spring break. The actual truth or dare game was invented in 1712 and it is also rated PG 13 so it’s pretty much suitable for any teenager to watch. 

In conclusion, there are many things to do with the endless amount of free time people have during spring break and what better way to fill that, then watching movies. Just a couple of ideas are Hop, Rise of the Guardians, and Truth or Dare.